Thunderstorms rolled through the Northstate sparking several more fires early Saturday morning. But the big news is the Ponderosa fire has spread to 7000 acres and burned at least 4 homes. 3000 homes, 20 commercial buildings, and 300 outbuildings are threatened according to CalFire.
MANTON, Calif. -
We learned the Ponderosa fire has destroyed at least four homes.
The now 7,000 acre wildfire remains zero percent contained.
CAL FIRE says there are 3,000 homes, 20 commercial buildings, and 300 outbuildings threatened.
Mandatory evacuations are in effect for:
- Wilson Hill Road at Rock Creek Road
- Forwards Mill Road and Ponderosa Way
- Rock Creek Road and all secondary roads off of Rock Creek Road
- Forward Rd at Graham to the C Line
- Forward Mill Rd from Rock Creek Rd to Forward Camp Rd
- Rock Creek Rd from Manton Rd to Long Hay Flat Rd
- All of Long Hay Flat Rd and Woodcutter Way
Area to the south of Highway 44:
- Wilson Hill Rd to Viola
- Plateau Pines Road
- Sites Road
Area to the north of Highway 44
- Lake McCumber area
- Brokeoff Meadows Road
Hard Road closures are in effect for:
- Forward Road and Graham Road
- Wilson Hill Rd west of Hwy 44
- Forward Mills Road from Rock Creek Road to Camp Forward Road
- Rock Creek Road to Long Hay Flat Road
- All of Long Hay Flat and Woodcutter’s Way
- Hwy 44 east from Lake McCumber to Viola
More info and updates at these links.