I’m going to try to get back to a bit of blogging here as the past couple of years have been a bit crazy. Not to mention that Facebook has made a lot of people, including me, just too lazy to even move around the internet. So, early New Years resolution here….at least one post a week to start. I’ve forgotten most of the tricks and gimmicks to posting, but like Nuke did when he handed me the keys to his place several years ago and said go play with it and figure it out, I will explore it again. So I’m just kickin it in the great State of Jefferson.
Bowe Bergdahl. The IRS’s missing e-mails. Lena Dunham. “Hands up, don’t shoot.” Jonathan Gruber. GM and that faulty ignition switch. Andrew Cuomo and that anti-corruption commission. The Secret Service and that White House intruder. Rachel Noerdlinger and her “disabled” son. Rolling Stone and gang rape.
2014 was the year when truth was optional. 2014 was the year when convenient fabrication was the weapon of choice for celebrities, activists, big business and politicians. 2014 was the Year of the Lie.
In each case, the liars used their powerful positions to intimidate, harass, marginalize or just plain bilk ordinary people who lacked access to a megaphone with which to shout back.
The rest here: http://nypost.com/2014/12/13/2014-is-the-year-of-the-lie/
I see there is a discussion elsewhere about what it takes to be welcome in Big Bend. I’ve been here awhile and I have some opinions.
1. If you came to a logging town and want to hug trees, you may not be welcome.
2. If you come to a hydro-electric producing town and then bitch about how the river is managed, you may not be welcome.
3. If you came here to grow pot for a living, you may not be welcome.
4. If your “house” is a movable vehicle that no longer can go down the road and/or you are squatting on someone else’s property, you may not be welcome.
5. If you are not hooked up to a septic system, you are not welcome.
6. If you come here to live off the land and think a dip in a hot spring once or twice a month is a bath, you may not be welcome.
7. If you come here and let your dogs run unleashed and disrespect the people of this town who tell you to get off their property or contain your dog, you may not be welcome.
8. If you are a tweaking, heroin shooting, huffer, acid dropping piece of shit, you are NOT welcome.
9. If you came here to manicure the weed, only the people that hired you want you here.
10. If you came here to buy up this town and turn it into your personal playground, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!
*** If you don’t like the tree hugging part, you are not welcome, Trees are the most renewable resource on this planet. Deal with it.***
And if anyone agrees with me, feel free to share this, or add to the list in the comments.
America was founded by geniuses but over 200 years later is now loaded with idiots. Read the evidence below.
1. If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
2. If you have to get your parents permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
3. If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check or check out a library book, but not to vote… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
4. If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
5. If, in our largest city, you can buy “two” 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
6. If an 80-year-old woman and 3 yr old child can be stripped searched by the TSA, but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
7. If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
8. If a seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is cute, but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
9. If children are forcibly removed from parents who discipline them with spankings while children of addicts are left in filth and drug infested homes… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
10. If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and free cell phones… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
11. If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor buys iPhones, TVs and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
12. If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more safe according to the government… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.